The Village of Akron contracts with Modern Disposal Services, Inc., to provide Village wide collection and disposal of garbage and related trash.
The Village has made every effort to provide a comprehensive solid waste service for residents and small businesses that produce the same kind of waste. Services include:
- Regular Weekly curbside trash pick-up
- Regular bi-weekly curbside pick-up of recyclables in new recycling containers. Please see the recycling collection calendar and recycling map below
- Monthly pick-up of bulky items, metals and white goods
- Regular weekly curbside pick-up of brush and yard waste (April through November)
- Annual curbside leaf pick-up during October and November
- Annual Christmas tree pick-up
- Special announcements about Solid Waste Services are printed periodically in our local newspapers.
To obtain Solid Waste Service, or seek answers to any Solid Waste Service billing questions, contact the Clerk-Treasurer. For more information about Solid Waste Service, or if you have Solid Waste Service problems, contact the Superintendent of Public Works.