The Village of Akron has its own municipal water system. Akron is a member of the New York Rural Water Association. See www.nyruralwater.org for further information.
The Akron Water System has consistently received the highest accolades for water quality in New York State.
- See 2014 Water Quality Report for details.
Effective January 1, 2016 the Village of Akron will begin monthly water billings. The water billing will mirror our electric billing with monthly meter readings being take around the 15th of each month and billed on the 1st of the following month. All utility bills will now be due on the same date (20th of the month).
Effective January 1, 2016 current water rates are as follows:
- Residential Regular Rate:
First 2,000 gallons = $16.50 per month; Additional usage billed at $7.75/1,000 gallons.
- Residential Low Usage Rate: 2,000 gallon minimum = $13.50; additional 1,000 gallons billed at $15.50; additional usage after that billed at $7.75/1,000 gallons. Note: Low Usage Rate is based on the previous year's usage of 5,000 gallons or less/quarter and the customer would have the option to choose this rate and maintain this rate for a one year periodd.
- Residential Easement Rates:
First 2,000 gallons minimum = $20.62 per month; Additional 1,000 gallons billed at $9.69/1,000 gallons.
- Outside Village Residential Rates:
First 2,000 gallons = $24.75 per month; Additional 1,000 gallons billed at $11.63/1,000 gallons.
- Industrial Rates:
First 34,000 gallons = $264.50 per month; Additional 1,000 gallons billed at $7.75/1,000 gallons.
To receive an application, or seek answers to any water billing questions, contact the Village Office at 542-9636. For information about availability of water service or if you have a water Service problems, contact the Superintendent of Public Works at 542-2680.