John Bruso is a lifelong resident of District 8. He was first elected in 2017 and serves as Chair of the Energy & Environment and Health & Human Services committees.
He retired from UPS in 2017 after 30 years of service. Beginning as a Teamster delivery driver in 1987, he worked his way up through the management ranks, and held positions in operations, human resources, and employee relations.
He has been honored to have served in leadership roles in community organizations over the past 40 years including:
- The Depew/Lancaster Sertoma Club, past President
- Buffalo Regals Hockey Organization, past Vice President
- St. Luke's Lutheran Church Food Pantry, past Director
- The Kids Escaping Drugs Foundation, past President
- Renaissance Addiction Services Inc., Board of Directors
- Town of Lancaster Zoning Board of Appeals, past Member
His current community leadership roles include:
- The Kids Escaping Drugs Foundation, Vice President
- Families Touched by MS, Executive Director
- St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Trustee & VP of Personnel
He makes his home in Lancaster with his wife of 34 years, Linda. They have two children, Sean and Megan.