The Erie County Legislature's Minority Caucus announces that the 2013 Hazardous Waste Drop-off Days have been scheduled:
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18 at Erie Community College North Campus, enter from Wehrle Drive
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Erie Community College South Campus, enter from Big Tree Road - Route 20A via Abbott Road
Items which can be brought to the site for free, proper disposal include:
- PESTICIDES, FERTILIZERS, POOL AND HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS/CLEANERS - limit 2 gallons or 20#
- OIL-BASED PAINTS, SPRAY CANS - limit 10 gallons
- OIL, GASOLINE, KEROSENE, ANTIFREEZE - limit 10 gallons
- PAINT THINNER, STRIPPER & SOLVENTS-limit 2 gallons
- BATTERIES - lead acid & rechargeable
- MERCURY - thermometers, thermostats, metal
- PROPANE TANKS & CYLINDERS - full or empty
Items that will not be accepted include: tires, latex paint, fluorescent light bulbs, computers, appliances, and commercial and industrial waste.
Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
For additional information, please contact the Minority Caucus members: