David C. Hartzell Jr.
Mission Statement: To provide a high quality of life to the residents of the Town, by promoting, developing, encouraging, and assisting in the acquiring, constructing, reconstructing, improving, maintaining, equipping, and furnishing industrial, manufacturing, warehousing, commercial, research, and recreation facilities; through incentives; and, thereby, advancing the job opportunities, health, general prosperity, and economic welfare of the Town residents, and to improve their recreation opportunities, prosperity, and standard of living, in a cost effective and efficient manner.
The Town of Clarence, Erie County, Industrial Development Agency (TCIDA) was formed as a public benefit corporation created by an act of the New York State Legislature to promote and assist private sector industrial and business development.
The primary function of TCIDA is to promote and advance job opportunities and economic welfare to the people of Clarence through the use of tax abatements to encourage economic growth and development.
TCIDA has incentive programs that reduce taxes and improve the bottom line (reducing expansion costs up to 15% for eligible targeted companies), whatever the size of the company.
- Industrial revenue bonds and leases
- Federal tax exempt revenue bonds
- Local property tax abatement
- State and local property tax exemptions
- Construction materials sales tax exemptions
- Non-production equipment sales tax exemptions
- Mortgage recording tax exemptions
TCIDA is self-funded. Our budget comes from fees charged to companies using our services.
The TCIDA is governed by a 7-member volunteer board of directors who generally meet once a month.
TCIDA also cooperates closely with the Erie County Industrial Development Agency. This makes it possible for TCIDA to offer additional financial assistance through ECIDA which includes the following:
- Financial Assistance, Loans, Venture Capital
- Work Force Development, Training
- Business Incentives, Tax Exemptions, Bonds
- Transportation, Infrastructure Financing
- International Trade Assistance
- Referrals and Resources
- Facility / Brownfield Development
For assistance or information please contact TCIDA at 741-8930.
- Erie County Industrial Development Agency
- Erie County Business Directory
- U.S. Business Administration
- Empire State Development Corporation - Features loans, grants and special programs for NY Businesses