Planning & Zoning Department
- Agricultural and Farmland Protection Plan
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement - Spaulding Greens Subdivision
- Spaulding Greens Findings 308
- Spaulding Green FEIS Final Report
- School Capacity Spaulding Green FEIS
- FEIS Spaulding Green App A
- Parks Master Plan 2005
The Planning and Zoning Department serves the community by providing current and long-range planning activities as well as administration of all local land use laws.
Current planning activities include project reviews to enforce zoning and subdivision regulations on project proposals including environmental reviews under SEQRA.
Long-range planning activities include comprehensive plan updates including policy and local law implementation.
Our office also administers and is responsible for the enforcement of other land use regulations that include the following:
- Abandoned Vehicle Ordinance
- Solid Waste Ordinance
- Clearing, Filling, & Grading Law
- Landscape Ordinance
- Unsafe Buildings Law
- Vending Machines Ordinance
- Satellite Antennas & Towers Law
- Sign Law
- Fence Law
- Peddling & Soliciting Ordinance
- Excavation Ordinance
- Manufactured Home Park Law
- Special Events Law
- Industrial Hazardous Waste Law
The planning office works toward providing a more livable environment for all who work, live, and visit the Town of Clarence. The Town has adopted a comprehensive land use plan in August of 2001 that guides the land use decisions on projects throughout our Town. Also, new subdivision and zoning laws were adopted in 2005 that reinforce the community’s goals stated in the comprehensive plan.
Our office is open 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. We welcome all those interested in a proposed project or who wish to discuss their vision of the Town of Clarence to stop in our office to see if there is a better way to serve the interests of the Town.
Current Projects (Under Review)
- Projects map
- Available downloadable site plans and other images
The current projects list shows projects currently under review in the Town of Clarence. The list will not include all projects under review, and will not include all of the information regarding the project. This list represents a summary of major projects and is intended to give an idea of the proposed land use. For more information on a project or for a listing of all projects under review in the Town, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department.
- Laws –
- Studies/Reports –Downloadable Forms