ERIE.GOV | Your information resource from the government of Erie County, New York

County Executive Elected Officials County Departments Living In Erie County Visiting Erie County Growing your business in Erie County State and regional municipalities

Planning/Zoning FAQ's


Where is the Planning and Zoning office located?
                Clarence Town Hall
                One Town Place
                Clarence, NY 14031

 How do I view documents on file and plans?
                - All files and project plans are available to the public in the Planning and Zoning office. 

How do I find out the zoning of my property?
                - To see the zoning of a property, the Official Zoning Map is located under the ‘Maps’ tab on the Planning and Zoning Website or by simply calling the office at 741-8933.

Do I need a permit for installing a fence on my property?
                - Yes.  Before a fence shall be erected, an application must be obtained for the Planning and Zoning Office.  The completed application must be accompanied by a survey showing the location of the fence in relation to all other structures and buildings and in relation to all streets, lot property lines, and yards.

What are the current fees for permits?
                - Current permit fees 
How can I pay for a permit?
                -Permits can be paid for with cash, check, and credit card through the Town Clerk’s Office.  Acceptable forms of credit cards are MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.  Checks can be made out to the Town of Clarence.