The Passport process here at the Erie County Clerks Office is a way for U.S. Citizens to obtain these important travel documents for themselves or their immediate family members. You may obtain either a Passport Card, a Passport book or both.
- A Passport Card is a wallet-sized and valid when entering the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda via land and/or sea.
- A Passport is a booklet document valid for international travel by air, land and sea.
YOU WILL NEED:
- ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED copy of U.S. Birth Certificate with raised seal and listing both parents, previous U.S. Passport, or Naturalization Certificate.
- Current NYS Driver’s License, or non-driver I.D., Pilot’s License, State or Federal work I.D. card, Current Student I.D. or Military I.D.
- One 2”x2” color Passport photo (Photos available on-site $10)
- Application can be obtained in advance at the Clerk’s Office or by visiting www.erie.gov/passports. You may complete the application in advance. However, do not sign the application, as your signature must be witnessed by an Accepting Passport Agent.