Police Field Training Officer's Course
May 22 - 25, 2018
This course runs Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy, under the auspices of the Division of Criminal Justice Services, will conduct the Police Field Training Officers Course at Erie Community College’s North Campus, 6205 Main Street, Williamsville, NY. This course is designed to train Police Officers in the methods and reporting procedures utilized in the Supervised Field Training, Orientation and Review component of the Basic Course for Police Officers. The goal is to transition the recruit officer from the academy setting to a patrol assignment. Upon completion, they will be prepared to train and evaluate new Police Officers, as well as prepare the appropriate written reports and officer evaluations. Field Training Officers will be required to have completed the Police Field Training Officers Course or equivalent for BCPO, Phase 2, Police Refresher and Police Equivalency courses that commence after January 1, 2015.
- MPTC Basic Course for Police Officers certificate
Attire and equipment needed:
- The dress code for this course will be
- Casual business attire, OR
- Patrol uniform
- NO jeans and NO T-shirts!
- 90% attendance as set by The Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Passing grade on written examination
- Completion of a 10-minute teaching exercise
- Strictly limited to twenty four (24) officers.
- Preference given to Full time Erie County police agencies.
- There is no cost for Erie County police agencies
- Out-of-county agencies call for cost.
- Please return the attached enrollment form to the Academy by fax at 716-270-5390, OR
- Mail form to ECLETA, 6205 Main St., Room B-713, Williamsville, NY 14221, OR
- Online from our website at http://www.erie.gov/depts/law/cps/training.phtml
For additional information or if students will be in need of any special assistance, please contact Officer Rich Caito the Academy at 716-270-5381 or by email at email@example.com.