Buffalo Women and the Wage Gap
- Median annual earnings for women working full-time is $40,610.00 vs. $50,966.00 for men.
- One in six girls and women live at below the poverty level in Erie County.
- In 2016 the median annual earnings for women working full time in Erie County was $40,610.00 vs $50,966.00 for men
- If the wage gap were eliminated on average, a working woman in the US could afford:
- 15 months of childcare
- 1.2 years of tuition fees for a four year college
- 78 weeks worth of food
- 7 months mortgage and utility payments
- 11 months of rent
- As a result of lower lifetime earnings, women recieve lower social security benefits
Phone: (716) 858-8307
Fax: (716) 858-8311
Commission on the Status of Women
95 Franklin Street, Suite 624
Buffalo, New York 14202