NY Alert Erie County feed
- Identify, assess and prioritize local and regional vulnerabilities to emergencies or disasters and the resources available to mitigate, respond to or recover from them.
- Provide that the County and local governments will take necessary actions to prevent and mitigate the effects of disasters and be prepared to respond to and recover from them when an emergency or disaster occur.
- Provide for the utilization of all available public and private resources to protect against and deal with an emergency or threatening situation.
- Provide for the utilization and coordination of state and federal programs to assist victim of disaster and prioritize responding to the need of the elderly, disabled, poor and other groups that may be especially affected.
- Provide for the utilization and coordination of state and federal programs for recovery from emergency or disaster situations with particular attention to the development of mitigation action programs.