Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon announces that the fourth annual Prom Dress Drive has collected numerous dresses for local high school girls to “shop” through during one of the two upcoming Shopping Days. Held in cooperation with Urban Valet Dry Cleaners, the Prom Dress Drive helps girls find a free gown for the big dance or event.
New this year, the Shopping Days will be held at Performing Arts Dance Academy, located at 206 Lake St., Hamburg. Girls are invited to come and “shop” for a free gown from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday, April 13 and noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 14.
“I am very excited to partner with Performing Arts and offer girls a truly unique and fun shopping experience. Searching for the perfect gown is fun but it can also be challenging. That is why I am so grateful to the community for donating many great gowns to provide a large collection for our shoppers to look through this year,” said Legislator Dixon. “The Shopping Days are open to any girls who need a dress for prom or other special occasion.”
“Performing Arts Dance Academy is dedicated to serving the needs of young women in our community. As director of the school, I feel it is my privilege to offer our beautiful facility to this amazing cause in meeting the social needs of the young girls it will be serving. And as a mother of three, who raised two daughters through the highly emotional teen years, I understand the importance of helping make them feel beautiful and special in any way possible, especially at prom season,” said Suzanne Mall, owner/director, Performing Arts.
All the dresses are cleaned by Urban Valet Dry Cleaners. A variety of sizes, colors and styles will be available.
Donations will be accepted through Friday, March 29 at several convenient locations. Donors are asked to drop off new or gently used dresses at any of the following locations:
- Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave., Blasdell
- Boston Free Library, 9475 Boston State Road, Boston
- Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Ave., Buffalo
- Eden Boys & Girls Club, 8284 North Main St., Eden
- Hamburg Public Library, 102 Buffalo St., Hamburg
- Lackawanna Public Library, 560 Ridge Road, Lackawanna
- Lake Shore Boys & Girls Club, 42 Sunset Boulevard, Angola
- Lake Shore Branch Library, S. 4857 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg
- Urban Valet Cleaners- 3 locations
- 106 Evans St., Hamburg
- 4081 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park
- 620 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
For additional information, please contact Legislator Dixon at 858-8671 or email email@example.com.