Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon is pleased to announce that a unanimous vote taken by the Legislature at its Thursday, June 26, 2014 session secured Summer Primetime funding for several youth centers benefiting Hamburg, Lackawanna and South Buffalo residents. The funding will be used to offer a variety of programming and provide youths with supervised, recreational activities during the upcoming summer recess.
The following organizations are included in the approved list that totaled $411,084:
- Access of WNY - $10,000
- Boys & Girls Club Buffalo - $10,000
- City of Lackawanna - $8,988
- Community Action Organization - $10,000
- Girl Scouts of WNY - $10,000
- Greater Niagara Frontier Council – Boy Scouts of America - $10,000
- Lackawanna Yemen Soccer Club Inc. - $10,000
- Seneca Babcock Community Association - $10,000
- Seneca Street Community Development Corp. - $10,000
- Valley Community Association - $10,000
“Many families benefit greatly from the programs offered by these great organizations, knowing there is a place where their kids can have fun in a safe, structured environment. The county has formed a strong partnership with these organizations and I am happy to support the continuation of the Primetime program,” said Legislator Dixon.
Determination of Summer Primetime funding is coordinated through the Department of Social Services and the final proposal is requested by the County Executive’s Office.