Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon announces two upcoming Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) Outreaches to assist residents with this year’s application process.
HEAP is a federally funded program to assist income eligible Erie County residents with the costs of home heating, electricity, and energy conservation. The HEAP outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
Legislator Dixon will be hosting HEAP Outreaches on the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 from 9am-4pm at the Willie Cotton Center, 52 Gates Avenue, Lackawanna NY 14218
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 from 9am-4pm at the Hamburg Community Center 4540 Southwestern Blvd. Hamburg, NY 14075
Applicants should come prepared with the following (see the HEAP web page for specific documentation requirements based on household situation):
- Proof of income received within last 30 days for all household members (pay stubs, SS or pension award letters, proof of child support, rental income, unemployment benefits, worker's comp, etc.)
- At least one form of ID for all household members, unless a driver’s license is provided
- Current utility bills, shut off or disconnect notices, if applicable
- Proof of all household resources including: current checking and savings account bank statements, proof of other resources (stocks, bonds, CDs, IRAs, 401k, etc.)
- If applicant is missing information, we allow the customer ten (10) business days to provide the information needed to fulfill application requirements.
2018-2019 monthly income guidelines can be found here.
For questions or additional information, please call the HEAP Hotline at (716) 858-7644 or HEAP Application Request Line at (716) 858-1969.
Also, Erie County residents can apply online by visiting www.mybenefits.ny.gov.
Please note: An additional outreach event in February will be announced soon.