Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon will again partner with Urban Valet Dry Cleaners for the 4th Annual Prom Dress Drive. All donated gowns will be professionally cleaned thanks to Urban Valet and made available to local high school girls in need of a dress for prom.
“I am happy to once again host the Prom Dress Drive to collect gowns and ensure local girls have something beautiful to wear to the dance. This is an incredible cost savings for any family as prom can be quite expensive,” said Legislator Dixon. “The community has always been extremely supportive, even donating amazing designer dresses. There is always a large selection of sizes, styles and colors, including long and short gowns, making shopping through the collection fun for the girls.”
Donations will be accepted from Monday, March 4 through Friday, March 29 at several convenient locations. Donors are asked to drop off new or gently used dresses at any of the following locations:
- Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave., Blasdell
- Boston Free Library, 9475 Boston State Road, Boston
- Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Ave., Buffalo
- Eden Boys & Girls Club, 8284 North Main St., Eden
- Hamburg Public Library, 102 Buffalo St., Hamburg
- Lackawanna Public Library, 560 Ridge Road, Lackawanna
- Lake Shore Boys & Girls Club, 42 Sunset Boulevard, Angola
- Lake Shore Branch Library, S. 4857 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg
- Urban Valet Cleaners- 3 locations
- 106 Evans St., Hamburg
- 4081 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park
- 620 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
“Thank you to all the donation sites for collecting the dresses. Without their help we wouldn’t have the great assortment that we do every year,” said Legislator Dixon. “In addition, many of us are trying to be more ‘green’ and the Dress Drive also provides an opportunity to reuse dresses that were usually only worn once and are now sitting in the back of the closet.”
After the dresses have been collected and cleaned, Legislator Dixon will host a free shopping event, inviting area high school girls to come and “shop” for a dress for the prom. Times, dates and location will be announced soon.
For additional information or to contact Legislator Dixon, please call (716) 858-8671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.