Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon and Urban Valet Dry Cleaner President Eric Pyne remind the community that gently used or new gowns and dresses will be collected through Thursday, April 13 for the 8th annual Prom Dress Drive. Each year the community generously donates more than a thousand dresses to ensure that every girl who needs a dress for prom has one.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Legislator Dixon again this year. The drive has become a mainstay in the community with our stores consistently receiving inquires and phone calls asking for all the details. It's a great event to be a part of,” said Eric Pyne, President of Urban Valet Cleaners.
“I am excited to announce the return of the Prom Dress Drive. Now in our 8th year we are looking forward to once again providing amazing dresses, free of charge to anyone who wants one. The gown giveaway was initially started to help families alleviate some of the cost of prom, and while that is still a main goal, this event has also transformed into a great reuse program. It makes sense for anyone who doesn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gown they will only wear once,” said Legislator Dixon.
Urban Valet cleans every dress, free of charge, and organizes them for the gown giveaway event.
Dresses can be dropped at the following locations from Monday, March 13 through Thursday, April 13:
- Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave., Blasdell
- Boston Free Library, 9475 Boston State Road, Boston
- Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Ave., Buffalo
- Eden Boys & Girls Club, 8284 North Main St., Eden
- Erie County Legislature, 92 Franklin St., Fourth Floor, Buffalo
- Hamburg Village Hall, 100 Main St., Hamburg
- Hamburg Public Library, 102 Buffalo St., Hamburg
- Lackawanna Public Library, 560 Ridge Road, Lackawanna
- Lake Shore Branch Library, S. 4857 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg
- State Farm Insurance, 6778 Erie Road, Derby
- Urban Valet Cleaners’ three locations
- 106 Evans St., Hamburg
- 4081 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park
- 620 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
This year’s Gown Giveaway event will be held at a new location thanks to event sponsor, Benderson Development. Girls are invited to “shop” for a free dress from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 29 or 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, April 30, at Town Hall Plaza, 6000 South Park Ave., Suite 200, Hamburg. There are no requirements. Just come and enjoy a fun day of prom dress searching.
For additional information or to contact Legislator Dixon, please call (716) 858-8671 or email email@example.com.