Modified: March 22, 2019 11:27am
As part of the 2019 Capital Budget Bond Resolution, the Erie County Legislature approved funding toward road and infrastructure improvements throughout the district Legislator Lynne Dixon represents and across the county.
The approved projects include:
- $1,500,000 for total reconstruction of Lake Avenue in the Town of Hamburg to consist of new drainage, curbing, and road section
- $390,000 for pavement rehabilitation for McKinley Parkway from Route 20 to Willet Road in the Town of Hamburg
- $500,000 for rehabilitation of the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, including but not limited to interior and exterior remediation, hazardous materials sampling, structural work where required, roofing repair and replacement, masonry restoration, framing replacement, wood restoration, plaster repairs, painting, window repair as well as the replacement of glazing as needed
- $2,000,000 for highway vehicle and equipment replacement
- $3,750,000 for rehabilitation for various other roads throughout the County
- $600,000 toward various cyber security improvements
“I have been proud to advocate for this additional funding and I look forward to getting each of these projects underway in 2019,” said Legislator Dixon. “Road improvements, including Lake Avenue, are something the residents of the district I represent have been patiently waiting for. All of these listed projects will enhance the quality of life in our community and throughout the county.”
More information on the list of approved projects can be found here.