Modified: March 5, 2019 3:22pm
Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon is hosting two upcoming Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) Outreaches to assist residents with this year’s application process.
HEAP is a federally funded program to assist income eligible Erie County residents with the costs of home heating, electricity, and energy conservation. The HEAP outreaches will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
Legislator Dixon will be hosting the following HEAP Outreaches:
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at Access of WNY, 2nd floor, 609 Ridge Road, Lackawanna from 9am-4pm
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at the Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Avenue, Buffalo from 10:30am to 4pm
Applicants should come prepared with the following (see the HEAP web page for specific documentation requirements based on household situation):
- Proof of income received within last 30 days for all household members (pay stubs, SS or pension award letters, proof of child support, rental income, unemployment benefits, worker's comp, etc.)
- At least one form of ID for all household members, unless a driver’s license is provided
- Current utility bills, shut off or disconnect notices, if applicable
- Proof of all household resources including: current checking and savings account bank statements, proof of other resources (stocks, bonds, CDs, IRAs, 401k, etc.)
- If applicant is missing information, we allow the customer ten (10) business days to provide the information needed to fulfill application requirements.
2018-2019 monthly income guidelines can be found here.
For questions or additional information, please call the HEAP Hotline at (716) 858-7644 or HEAP Application Request Line at (716) 858-1969.
Erie County residents can also apply online by visiting www.mybenefits.ny.gov.