Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon is pleased to announce that a unanimous vote taken by the Legislature at its Thursday, June 6, 2013 session secured Summer Primetime funding for several youth centers benefiting Hamburg, Lackawanna and South Buffalo residents. The funding will be used to offer a variety of programming and provide youths with recreational activities during the upcoming summer recess.
The following organizations are included in the approved list:
- Access of WNY - $10,000
- Boys & Girls Club Buffalo - $10,000
- Community Action Organization - $7,500
- Girl Scouts of WNY - $9,260
- Greater Niagara Frontier Council – Boy Scouts of America - $10,000
- Police Athletic League of Buffalo - $10,000
- Seneca Babcock Community Association - $10,000
- Seneca Street Community Development Corp. - $10,000
- Valley Community Association - $10,000
- WNY United Against Drug & Alcohol Abuse - $10,000
“This funding will support these organizations that provide outstanding, adult-supervised programs for our youth during the summer months,” Legislator Dixon said. “I have heard from many families who rely on the programs offered and are grateful to know they have a place where their kids can have fun in a safe, structured environment.”
Determination of Summer Primetime funding is coordinated through the Department of Social Services and the final proposal is requested by the County Executive’s Office.