The ECOPD does NOT itself provide "services" in the sense of specific programs or funds which are available to those with disabilities. Rather, it provides assistance - which generally falls into three categories:
- Referral-The ECOPD serves as a clearinghouse for information on programs and services made available to citizens with disabilities by Erie County - and through affiliated agencies.
- Representation-The ECOPD uses its status as liaison to both the County Executive's Office and the Erie County Legislature to advocate for inclusion and positive change on behalf of the disabled community.
- ADA/ACCESS Oversight-the Executive Director of the ECOPD serves as Erie County's Compliance Officer for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Community Agencies and Services for the Disabled
- View or search Community Agencies and Services for the Disabled
- Locate an agency on the map below
To view and/or print our Erie County Agencies for People with Disabilities, please click on the link below:
|Erie Co Agencies Services for Individuals with Disabilities booklet.pdf||807.54 KB|