Modified: March 29, 2017 9:15am
USING NEW YORK’S JOB BANK
Whether you have lost your job or are looking for your next promotion, we can help you with your job search. By using this website www.labor.ny.gov you can learn about our services, including resume writing, interview techniques, apprenticeship opportunities, training grants, search our on-line job listing or attend a job fair. You can check out Civil Service Announcements; Federal, State and Local or obtain Labor Market Information. Research Jobs in Demand and search Occupational Projections. View Prevailing Wage information.
Not sure about your next career move? Check out Career Zone where you can research occupations and Job Zone where you can post customized resumes in our Job Portfolio. We also provide priority service to Veterans during their job search.
How to find job listings
THIS WEBSITE WILL TAKE YOU DIRECTLY TO THE JOB LISTINGS: WWW.LABORNY.JOBS
ENTER A KEY WORD AND YOUR ZIP CODE; CLICK ON SEARCH
OR Use the “Search by” tabs and browse by:
- Occupation- there are over 20 categories to choose from
- Military- enter your rank and branch of service to begin your job search
- Company- your are able to check job listings by company Job ID Number
Use “Add Advanced Fields” to narrow your job search.
By clicking on Add Advanced Fields you can narrow your search by Jobs added/updated, Industry or select jobs posted by Employers Only or Staffing Firms.
As long as you meet the job requirements, you can apply for the job.
1) If it is a job with the company name shown, simply follow the instructions given, to apply for the job.
Make sure that you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see all the information. Or….
2) If the job shows “NY Employer” for the name of the company, write down the state ID #(it begins with NY0…….) Then call or visit any one of the Dept. of Labor offices @ ECC Onestop: 270-4467, Buffalo: 851-2600, Williamsville: 634-9081, Dunkirk: 366-9015, Niagara Falls: 278-8258.