ERIE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Fleet Manager **
Starting Annual Salary: $ 57,337
The work involves directing, coordinating and supervising all fleet management activities for Erie County vehicles. The incumbent is responsible for the overall coordination of the maintenance, repair, inspection and record keeping relating to County owned vehicles. This is a technical/management position responsible for ensuring County vehicles are properly utilized, maintained and appropriate record keeping is both accurate and comprehensive. Work is performed under the direct supervision of higher-level administrative staff. Supervision is exercised over lower level technical, maintenance and clerical staff.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to a staff performing maintenance, repair, record keeping and support services on County owned vehicles by establishing priorities and repair schedules;
- Supervises the performance of specialized repairs on County vehicles and reviews work to ensure proper completion;
- Reviews work orders and records to identify such factors as rates of productivity, types of repair tasks performed and the time required to perform such tasks for the purpose of identifying problems and improving the efficient utilization of staff, equipment, supplies and space;
- Reviews written reports of operating budgets, capital budgets and cost analysis reports regarding the repair and replacement of motor equipment;
- Recommends operating budget for motor equipment maintenance section based upon review of budget analysis;
- Ensures all motor vehicles and motor equipment are properly inspected and are at the top operating performance;
- Assists in interviewing, employee evaluation and training, and recommends discipline or discharge for employee misconduct
- Supervises and reviews/monitors County’s Fuel Management System and ordering of fuels.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and six (6) years of management experience which included purchasing and inventory control, at least one (1) year of which involved automotive vehicle record maintenance responsibilities.
**Civil Service Competitive position, exam date to be determined**
Competitive benefits package includes comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage and NYS retirement.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by September 20, 2019 to:
Mr. Jonathan Rivera, Special Assistant to the Commissioner
95 Franklin Street, 14th Floor, Buffalo, NY 14202
or by email to: Jonathan.Rivera@erie.gov
Only those whose resumes are being considered will be contacted.
Erie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer