Before entering your application online below, please read these instructions carefully!
Click here to download the instructions (includes essay topics)
Click here to download the cover sheet and checklist. Print and fill out this document prior to entering your application online.
Your essays should be completely written and all of your attachments should be gathered before you begin to enter your information online. These documents must be in Word or PDF format.
This website does NOT permit you to save a partial application and come back to it later. All information must be entered and submitted in one session. Please be mindful that the webpage may time out if your application is not entered in a timely fashion.
If you get an error when trying to submit your application, please review your attachment file names. File names should not contain & or : symbols. It is best to use as few spaces and as little punctuation as possible. (e.g. AttachmentA.pdf or AttachB.pdf or Essays.pdf) Please simplify your file names and resubmit.
This website will be shut down for the 2014 application process at close of business on Monday, July 15, 2013.
Please enter your organization’s information below, upload the required attachments, and click “Submit.” Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Department of Environment and Planning at (716) 858-6716 or CulturalFunding@erie.gov.
All applications must be received by JUNE 10, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will negatively affect your score.
All applications are to be submitted via this website. Should this create a hardship for your organization, please contact our department at the phone number or email address listed above.
All application information must be entered and submitted in one session. You will NOT be able to save a partial application and come back to it later.
Please note that all items marked with an asterisk (*) are required to submit.
Please be advised that any information you provide may be subject to public discussion as well as disclosure pursuant to New York State Public Officers Law.
Recognition for County Grants:
Please also be advised that if your Organization is awarded funding, you must commit to acknowledging Erie County as a funding source on your organization’s website, marketing materials, and/or other publications.
- Be located and provide services in Erie County
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with tax-exempt status prior to July 2010
- Have a board-approved strategic plan
- Have a Profile in the Cultural Data Project (CDP) OR Have been granted a one-time only waiver from the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning (DEP) in which you agree to provide additional documents (See NON-CDP PARTICIPANTS section below)
- Meet ONE of the following definitions of a Cultural Organization
- An organization that operates on a countywide or recognizable community level, which by the nature of its cultural activities and/or collections, is unique, distinctive and of significant quality
- An organization that provides visitors with access to programs and displays of the performing, visual, literary and media arts, and/or to exhibits and collections, which preserve and interpret our cultural, natural and scientific heritage
- An organization that particularly serves the cultural needs of significant segments of the County population, thereby contributing to the quality of life in Buffalo and Erie County
PLEASE NOTE THAT CAPITAL FUNDING REQUESTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
Now closed for submissions.
Last updated: July 26, 2013 11:21am