Before entering your application online below,
Click here to download the instructions
Click here to download the checklist.
All attachments MUST be submitted in Word or PDF format ONLY. If you attempt to attach an excel, jpeg, or any other file type, the website will REJECT your application!
Finish writing all of your essays and gathering all of your attachments BEFORE you begin to enter your information online.
Also, please double check that you've provided an answer for each of the essay questions
If you get an error when trying to submit your application, please review your attachment file names. It is best to use few spaces and minimal punctuation. (e.g. AttachmentA.doc or AttachB.pdf or Essays.docx) Please simplify your file names and resubmit.
IF YOU ARE GETTING SERVER ERRORS OR ENCOUNTERING OTHER ISSUES SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION,
Please enter your organization’s information below, upload the required attachments, and click “Submit.” Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Department of Environment and Planning at (716) 858-6716 or CulturalFunding@erie.gov.
All applications must be received by JUNE 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will negatively affect your score.
This website will be closed for application submissions after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 13, 2014.
An applicant briefing for all interested organizations will be held on Friday, May 9, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. in the Conference Room on the 14th Floor of the Rath Building, 95 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY 14202.
Attendance is not mandatory, but encouraged.
All applications are to be submitted via this website. Should this create a hardship for your organization, please contact our department at the phone number or email address listed above.
All application information must be entered and submitted in one session. You will NOT be able to save a partial application and come back to it later. Please be mindful that the webpage may time out if your application is not entered in a timely fashion.
Please note you are required to submit all items marked with an asterisk (*). If you do not submit required items, your application will be rejected. Failure to submit all other items will result in an incomplete application and have a negative impact on your score.
New York State Non-Profit Revitalization Act
The New York State Non-Profit Revitalization Act will become effective July 1, 2014. As this Act pertains to all 501(c)(3) organizations, the Erie Arts and Cultural Advisory Board encourages you to contact Arts Services Initiative of WNY at (716) 362-8389, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.asiwny.org, for more information about the Act and its impact to your organization.
The 2016 Erie County Cultural Funding Application, which will be due in Spring 2015, will require organizations to certify compliance with the NYS Non-Profit Revitalization Act. Organizations should be prepared to provide evidence of compliance with specific components of the Act at that time.
Please be advised that any information you provide may be subject to public discussion as well as disclosure pursuant to New York State Public Officers Law.
Recognition for County Grants:
Please also be advised that if your Organization is awarded funding, you must commit to acknowledging Erie County as a funding source on your organization’s website, marketing materials, and/or other publications.
- Be located and provide services in Erie County
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with tax-exempt status prior to July 2011
- Have a board-approved strategic plan
- Have a Profile in the Cultural Data Project (CDP) OR Have been granted a one-time only waiver from the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning (DEP) in which you agree to provide additional documents (See NON-CDP PARTICIPANTS section below)
- Meet ONE of the following definitions of a Cultural Organization
- An organization that operates on a countywide or recognizable community level, which by the nature of its cultural activities and/or collections, is unique, distinctive and of significant quality
- An organization that provides visitors with access to programs and displays of the performing, visual, literary and media arts, and/or to exhibits and collections, which preserve and interpret our cultural, natural and scientific heritage
- An organization that particularly serves the cultural needs of significant segments of the County population, thereby contributing to the quality of life in Buffalo and Erie County
PLEASE NOTE THAT CAPITAL FUNDING REQUESTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
This website has closed for application submissions
as of 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 13, 2014.