To submit an application for 2016 Erie County Cultural Funding, enter your organization’s information below, upload the required documents, and click “Submit.”
Download the fillable PDF Application. Print and fill out this document prior to entering your application online.
- Finish filling out the application, writing essays, and gathering attachments before you begin to enter your information online.
- Please double check that you've provided an answer for each of the essay questions
- All attachments must be submitted in Word or PDF formats only. If you attempt to attach an excel, jpeg, or any other file type, the website will reject your application.
- If you get an error when trying to submit your application, please review your attachment file names. It is best to use few spaces and minimal punctuation. (e.g. AttachmentA.doc or AttachB.pdf or Essays.docx) Please simplify your file names and resubmit.
If you have questions about the application process, contact the Department of Environment and Planning at (716) 858-6716 or CulturalFunding@erie.gov.
All applications must be received by WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will negatively affect your score.
This website will be closed for application submissions after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2015
An applicant briefing for all interested organizations is scheduled for Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. at the Buffalo History Museum, 1 Museum Ct, Buffalo, NY 14216. Attendance is not mandatory, but encouraged.
All applications are to be submitted via this website. Should this create a hardship for your organization, please contact our department at the phone number or email address listed above.
All application information must be entered and submitted in one session. You will NOT be able to save a partial application and come back to it later. Please be mindful that the webpage may time out if your application is not submitted in a timely fashion.
Please note you are required to submit all items marked with an asterisk (*). If you do not submit required items, your application will be rejected. Failure to submit all other items will result in an incomplete application and will have a negative impact on your score.
New York State Non-Profit Revitalization Act
The New York State Non-Profit Revitalization Act became effective July 1, 2014. As this Act pertains to all 501(c)(3) organizations, Erie County expects all organizations to certify compliance with the NYS Non-Profit Revitalization Act. Organizations should be prepared to provide evidence of compliance with specific components of the Act.
Please be advised that any information you provide may be subject to public discussion as well as disclosure pursuant to New York State Public Officers Law.
Pay Equity Certification
Please be advised that if your Organization is awarded funding, you must sign the Erie County Equal Pay Certification, stating that your organization is in compliance with federal law, including the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Federal Executive Order 11246 of September 24, 1965 and New York State Labor Law Section 194 (together “ Equal Pay Law”). View the Executive Order
Recognition for County Grants:
Please also be advised that if your Organization is awarded funding, you must commit to acknowledging Erie County as a funding source on your organization’s website, marketing materials, and/or other publications.
- Be located and provide services in Erie County
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with tax-exempt status prior to July 2012
- Have a board-approved strategic plan
- Meet ONE of the following definitions of a Cultural Organization
- An organization that operates on a countywide or recognizable community level, which by the nature of its cultural activities and/or collections, is unique, distinctive and of significant quality
- An organization that provides visitors with access to programs and displays of the performing, visual, literary and media arts, and/or to exhibits and collections, which preserve and interpret our cultural, natural and scientific heritage
- An organization that particularly serves the cultural needs of significant segments of the County population, thereby contributing to the quality of life in Buffalo and Erie County
PLEASE NOTE THAT CAPITAL FUNDING REQUESTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.