The Department of Environment and Planning's Division of Planning provides financial assistance and strategic focus and direction to Erie County’s cultural sector to promote the economic and cultural benefits of the County’s tourism, arts, culture, and heritage industry.
Program and Service Objectives
- Gather, analyze and assess information on cultural organizations funded by the County.
- Process all cultural funding contracts and invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with tourism, arts, culture and heritage promotion agencies and organizations to market and enhance cultural tourism in Erie County.
- Assist cultural organizations to leverage financial support, gain new audiences, increase management capacity, identify strengths and challenges, inform decision-making and realize their mission.
The County's Arts & Cultural Advisory Board accepts applications in early summer. Please check back in spring for exact dates.
If you would like to be contacted by email when the new application is available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organization, and position.
- Funding awards will be made public whenever the Proposed 2017 Budget is released, and will not be final until the Erie County Legislature approves the 2017 Budget
- 2017 Cultural Funding Application and submission site
- 2017 Applicant Briefing
- 2016 Cultural Information Process Meeting Presentation
- Are your board members independent? Click here to check!
- For information on prior grantees, please see the Erie County Adopted Budgets, Book A under the Department of Environment & Planning section.
- If your organization has received cultural funding from Erie County and would like to download a high-resolution image file of the Erie County Seal for use on your website and marketing materials, please click one of the Seals below.
Erie County Seal with white square background