BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
March 21, 2014 – 9:00 AM
Edward A. Rath County Office Building, Room 1004
Call to Order by Vice Chair Brendan Mehaffy.
Board Members Present: Frank E. Krakowski, Brendan Mehaffy , David Comerford, Joseph Hogenkamp, James Comerford, Jr., Donna J. Estrich, Timothy Ball, Michael Siragusa, Christina Orsi
Board Members Excused: Maria Whyte, Joseph L. Maciejewski
Fiscal Agent Present: Bob Keating
Executive Director: Jocelyn Gordon
GUESTS: Martin Polowy - County Attorney, Dale Morris, Tom Dearing, Ken Swanekamp, Del Costello - ECDEP) Fred Heinle – Director of Development, Lackawanna
HAND OUTS: Agenda; Minutes of February 28, 2014 Board Meeting; Audit Report; BENLIC Financial Statement for Year ending December 31, 2013.
- Roll Call
- Treasure Report: Treasurer not present: item moved to the April 11, 2014 Meeting.
- 2013 BENLIC Audit Report Presented by Executive Director (Jocelyn Gordon):
- Recommendation from the audit;
- BENLIC should adopt a five year Strategic Plan: Board agreed this should be a Goal for 2014.
- BENLIC should purchase Accounting Software: Board agreed that this software should be purchased eventually but was not an immediate requirement.
- BENLIC Banking Reconciliation statements should be reviewed by a second authorized person: Board agreed that Treasurer Joe Maciejewski will send end of month bank reconciliation statement to Executive Director Jocelyn Gordon for monthly review.
- A motion to approve the Audit report as submitted by Joseph Hogenkamp Seconded by David Commerford and unanimously carried as approved.
- Annual Meeting to be held in January of each year. All Board members will remain the same for the year 2014. Recommendation by Board to re-elect the following board members:
- Maria Whyte, Chair
- Brendan Mehaffy, Vice Chair
- Joe Maciejewski, Treasurer
- Frank Krakowski, Secretary
- A motion to approve the Officers as Nominated and Annual Meeting: Motion to approve by Christina Orsi and unanimously carried as approved.
- Draft 2014 Budget to be prepared by Executive Director and submitted to the Audit Committee for review before the April 11, 2014 Board Meeting. Audit Committee will then present their recommendation for adoption to Board.
- City of Tonawanda – The City of Tonawanda has tentatively approved potential BENLIC purchase of 3 parcels at their upcoming In-Rem auction scheduled for May 2014. The parcels include:
- 272 Kohler approximately $17,000 in Taxes
- 585 Morgan approximately $15,000 in taxes
- 465 Broad approximately $21,000 in taxes
- Executive Director Jocelyn Gordon is preparing the Inspector Reports and Resolutions required for the City of Tonawanda.
- Town of Amherst
- 235 West Royal Parkway
- 1815 Eggert Rd. Commercial Property (Environmental testing was completed – findings are negative)
- These properties are still under consideration.
- City of Lackawanna
- 330 Ridgewood Circle (4 Unit Apartment Building)
- Frank Krakowski will keep BENLIC of vacancy status of building.
- AG Office Project manager looking for further oversight from BENLIC regarding Subcontractor agreement. Jocelyn Gordon working with AG Office to clarify BENLIC oversight.
- 45-55 Pyle Court Tonawanda, BENLIC still in negations with Tonawanda regarding terms of transfer of property from BENLIC to the Tonawanda.
- 44A Windwood, Cheektowaga (Title search underway) all lien holds cannot be notified therefore notification will be done by publication. Judgment will then be in May and Sale in June.
- 3048 William, Cheektowaga (Title search underway) all lien holds cannot be notified therefore notification will be done by publication. Judgment will then be in May and Sale in June.
- 59 North Main, Angola (Title search underway) Lien holds have been served, anticipated judgment in April and sale possible in May.
- AG Press Conference to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:30 am on the 16th floor of the Rath Building
- NYS Association of Land Bank Monthly Call
- Outreach Program
- 5 Year Strategic Plan Development
- ABO Compliance
Next meeting of Board of Directors: Board of Directors – 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, 2014
Location: Rath County Office Building, Room 1004
Recorded by: Frank E. Krakowski
Submitted for Approval: Maria R. Whyte
Adopted by BENLIC Board Members on April 11, 2014
Last updated: May 6, 2014 3:50pm