Modified: December 19, 2016 12:14pm
The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning (“ECDEP”) has announced a public hearing and public comment period to be held seeking public input on a substantial amendment to the 2016 Action Plan Components to the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan as prepared for the Erie County/Town of West Seneca Community Development Block Grant (“CDBG”) Consortium and the Erie County/Town of Hamburg/Town of West Seneca HOME Consortium. Erie County and the Towns of Hamburg and West Seneca have prepared a 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan (“CP”) for the CDBG, HOME Investment Partnership, and Emergency Shelter Grant (“ESG”) Programs for the following participating municipalities: the Cities of Lackawanna and Tonawanda; the Towns of Alden, Aurora, Boston, Brant, Clarence, Colden, Collins, Concord, Eden, Elma, Evans, Grand Island, Hamburg, Holland, Lancaster, Marilla, Newstead, North Collins, Orchard Park, Sardinia, Wales, and West Seneca; and the Villages of Akron, Angola, Blasdell, Depew, East Aurora, Farnham, Gowanda, Hamburg, Lancaster, North Collins, Orchard Park, and Springville.
The Erie County Community Development Consortium has received $2,667,590 in CDBG funds from a Regional Development Corporation loan fund that was partially funded with CDBG funds. Public comment is being sought on the following new projects that will be included in the Action Plan with this funding:
• Community Projects: Town of West Seneca- Boncroft/Bellwood, Thorndale/Tindle Road Reconstruction ($123,759); Village of Depew- Terrace/St. Mary’s Sidewalk Replacement ($104,000); Village of Springville- Franklin/Church Waterline Replacement ($141,055);Village of Angola- Lorain Street Waterline Replacement ($133,200);City of Tonawanda- Dodge/Moyle/Wheeler- Sanitary Sewer Re-lining ($150,000); Town of Collins- L.K. Painter Community Center- Roof Replacement ($150,000); Town of Wales- Town Park Improvements ($103,000).
• Planning/Administration – Municipal Comprehensive Master Plan ($470,000): The project will fund municipal master plans for the following consortium communities, along with solid waste and solar ordinance studies: the Towns of Evans, Lancaster, Newstead, Eden, Holland, and Concord; and the Villages of Angola, Depew, Lancaster, and North Collins. A Town Sewer Study will also be conducted in the Town of Clarence.
• Smart Growth Funding: Kennedy Road Sidewalk Installation ($325,000) in the Town of Evans. • City of Lackawanna Infrastructure Improvements: Project will fund the demolition of deteriorated buildings on the former Bethlehem Steel site along with road infrastructure improvements in the first ward neighborhood of the City ($500,000).
• Housing Rehabilitation/Funding for Lead Remediation Program: this funding will assist low-income homeowners with necessary housing repairs who have children age 6 or less that have been found to have elevated blood lead levels ($400,000).
• Buffalo Erie Niagara Land Improvement Corporation (“BENLIC”): funding will be provided for a pilot demolition project for deteriorated properties in tax foreclosure ($67,576).
PUBLIC HEARING ON 2016 SUBSTANTIAL AMENDMENT:
• Tuesday, January 3 2017
• 9:30 AM, Room 1004, Edward A. Rath county office building
• individuals with special needs who plan on attending should contact Paul D’Orlando of ECDEP at (716) 858-2194
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: A public comment period on this amendment will be held from December 19, 2016 - January 19, 2017. Copies of the amendment are available at the following locations:
- Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, 95 Franklin Street, Room 1053, Buffalo
- Public Libraries in the Cities of Buffalo (Main Branch), Lackawanna and Tonawanda
- Villages of Akron, Angola, and Hamburg
- Towns of Concord and Lancaster
- The amendment can also be viewed at the Erie County web site www.erie.gov
For further information, please contact Paul D’Orlando at the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, 95 Franklin Street, Room 1014, Buffalo, New York 14202, at (716) 858-2194, or at Paul.D'Orlando@erie.gov
Each meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Non-English speaking persons or persons with Limited English Proficiency or special needs should contact Mariely Ortiz at (716) 858-1916 or Mariely.Ortiz@erie.gov. for further assistance or to access documents in another language.
Para asistencia en Español, se puede contactar a Mariely Ortiz (716) 858-1916 or Mariely.Ortiz@erie.gov