Modified: August 23, 2017 2:14pm
TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Four (4) New Courses Added
COURSE STATUS UPDATES:
The training schedule has been updated at www.erie.gov/fire to reflect these course announcements:
The following courses were added and updated on the published Fall-2017 training schedule since we last sent an email blast on 8/4/17:
- 1R17008 BEFO-Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations at Twin District, hosting for the Lancaster-Alden Fire Chiefs Association, starts 9/12/17
- 1S17007 IFO-Interior Firefighting Operations/SCBA-Firefighter 1 (Open Enrollment) at the Training & Operations Center starts 10/30/17. Pre-Requisite is 1R-BEFO.
- 1517005 Accident Victim Extrication Training at Chaffee-Sardinia starts 10/16/17
REMINDER TO COURSE HOSTS:
Please start to submit your firefighters' applications immediately. Whether hosting independently or for your entire fire control/chiefs association, course hosts have one week after the course is announced to submit applications for their firefighters. Seats will be filled on a first-come/first serve basis after that time. Failure to do so may result in firefighters from the host company and/or fire control being excluded from the course.
Your fire department will be able to reserve a limited number of seats, depending on the total number of seats available and how registrations come in, so please prioritize your applications accordingly.
- Firefighters and officers should always check the training schedule published at www.erie.gov/fire for the most up-to-date course information.
- Pre-registration is required for all courses via a standard training course application form that can be downloaded from the RESOURCES page of www.erie.gov/fire.
- All registered students and designated alternates must attend the first unit of the course or their seat will be forfeited. Contact the instructor if you are unable to attend the first unit.
- Fire departments sending firefighters to any course are expected to provide equipment, manpower and/or apparatus as requested to assist in the course delivery. NOTE: For 15-AVET Courses, the host agency must provide four (4) vehicles suitable for extrication training.
- Adequate classroom facilities are necessary for effective learning. Engine Room/Apparatus Bay setting is unacceptable. Please coordinate with the instructor to ensure proper computer and projection system needs are addressed.