The Fire Training Schedule has been updated to reflect these fourteen (14) new course announcements:
As of: 4/14/14 1100
- Two (2) Truck Company Operations Courses
- One (1) Scene Support Operations – Pilot Remaining 18 hours – This course is for students who originally attended the Firefighter 1 Orientation and now need to complete remaining the 18 hours of Scene Support Operations. This is not an original 27-hour SSO course. This class is scheduled for Tuesdays and double session Saturdays starting 6/3.
- One (1) Firefighter 1 Summer Boot Camp – The Pilot 14 hr. Orientation is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday-May 17 and Sunday-May 18 at the Training & Operations Center. Chief or Training Officers are required to accompany their recruits for only the first two (2) hours of orientation on Saturday. Boot Camp will be held Monday-Friday July 7-18 with a formal graduation ceremony tentatively planned for Friday-July 18.
- One (1) Firefighter 1 hosted by Scranton for the Hamburg Fire Control. The Pilot 14 hr. Orientation is scheduled for the weekend of Saturday-April 26 and Sunday-April 27 at the Training & Operations Center. Chief or Training Officers are required to accompany their recruits for only the first two (2) hours of orientation on Saturday. The class will then shift to double-session Sundays with two exceptions when it will be held on Saturdays to avoid conflict with Mother’s Day (5/11) and Father’s Day (6/15) for the HazMat and Fire Training modules of the class. Students need to apply only for the first module and will be automatically enrolled in the other modules as appropriate.Those students who are not successful in the Air Consumption Test should apply for the Scene Support Operations – (Pilot Remaining 18 hours) course scheduled for Tuesdays and double session Saturdays starting 6/3.
- Two (2) Apparatus Operator-Emergency Vehicle Courses
- One (1) Live Fire Training Safety (REPLACES 1A/1B)
- Two (2) Principles of Instruction Courses
- Two (3) Apparatus Operator-Pump Courses
- One (1) FAST Course at Clarence Center. This course was cancelled last year due to an instructor scheduling conflict. Students must re-apply.
- One (1) Bath Salts Seminar at Armor – Class size is limited to 60 students. Openings are available.
Applications are being accepted now. Please download the new version of the Standard Training Course Application. All Firefighter 14-hour Pilot Orientations are held at the Training & Operations Center.
Please review the enitre course announcement at our ESU blog.
- ATTENTION FIRST RESPONDERS: Train with SMART - 3/28/14 NEW!
- Five (5) Openings Announced for State Fire Instructor in Erie County - 3/24/14 - NEW!
- Fire Service Guideline for Supporting a Fire Explorer Post - Added 3/24/14
- Form 1063: Emergency Services Standard Training Course Application - 2/27/14 - NEW!
- ***PLEASE DISCARD ALL OLD VERSIONS
- Do You Have What it Takes? - 2/20/14
- NEW TRAINING RESOURCE: Erie County Firefighter 1 Air Consumption Test Video - 2/19/14 -NEW!
- Erie County Fire Safety Announces New Firefighter 1 Delivery Model Pilot Initiative - 1/29/14
- Frequently Asked Questions-FAQ: 2013 Training Resolution - 1/29/14
- More than 700 New Recruits Joined Erie County Volunteer Fire Departments in 2013 - 1/30/14