Erie County Legislator Kevin Hardwick reminds residents that an Erie County sponsored Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18 at Erie Community College’s North Campus. Attendees are asked to enter from Wehrle Drive and follow the posted signs to the drop-off location.
Items which can be brought to the site include:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, and pool and household chemicals/cleaners
- Oil-based paints and spray cans
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene and antifreeze
- Paint thinner, stripper and solvents
- Batteries – lead acid and rechargeable
- Mercury – thermometers, thermostats and metal
- Propane tanks and cylinders – full or empty
The following items will not be accepted: tires, latex paint, electronics, pharmaceuticals and commercial/industrial waste. Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
A second Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day will be held Saturday, June 15 at ECC South.
For additional information or to contact Legislator Hardwick, please call (716) 858-8672 or email email@example.com.