Immunization Action Plan (IAP)608 William StreetBuffalo, NY 14206Phone:(716) 858-2373Fax:(716) 858-2127Karen.Menza@erie.gov
The Immunization Action Plan - Bee Wise….Immunize!
- Conducts education and outreach activities to inform health care professionals, day care providers and other interested groups about the benefits of up-to-date immunizations and vaccine preventable diseases for both adults and children.
- Conducts assessments and follow-up visits with private health care providers and clinics for the purpose of assessing immunization levels of children and updates on immunization guidelines.
- Assists providers with the NYS Immunization Information System functionality and entry of vaccine data.
- Provides information for dissemination to new parents at Erie County Birthing hospitals.
- Reminder…Adults need vaccines too! Adult vaccines may be recommended depending on your age, life style, occupation and health risks. New parents and adults who anticipate contact with infants under 12 months should receive 1 dose of a pertussis containing vaccine (Tdap). Consult with your provider to see if you need vaccines!