Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) interview individuals infected with a sexually transmitted diseases (STD) to obtain information about the infected person's partner(s) and also educate the infected person about STDs. The DIS then locate the identified partner(s) and encourage each one to get tested and treated for STDs.
This program aims to decreases STD illness rates in Erie County. Locating, testing and treating individuals who are infected with an STD, or at high risk of infection, helps stop the spread of disease in our community.
- Sexual Health Clinic (608 William St.)
- Family Planning Center (608 William St.)
- PrEP Clinic (608 William St.) - Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a way for people who do not have HIV, but who are at risk of getting it, to prevent HIV infection by taking a pill every day.
- HIV Partner Service Program
- Free Condom Program
- Needle Access & Disposal Sites
- Medication Disposal Sites
- STD Information (CDC) (Spanish version)
- HIV & AIDS Resources and Information (NYSDOH AIDS Institute)
HIV/STD Program Supervisor, SDIS
608 William Street
Buffalo, NY 14206