- Visit your local library and check out a children’s books, books on tape and movies. Most libraries have story time and other activities for children as well.
Community Education Programs
- Call or visit your school district's website to obtain information on the community education classes offered. Many districts offer low cost sports activities, play groups, swimming, cooking classes and other activities for young children.
Parks & Recreation
- Call or visit your town recreation department or one of the several Erie County Parks. Many offer low cost activities for young children, or create your own fun by talking a walk or hiking the area to discover new things and to take in the beauty of nature.
- We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym
Visit a local children’s museum. Some of these include:
- Explore & More
- Au-Some Evenings at Explore & More Children's Museum - Special activities for children on the autism spectrum, parents, neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. Activities include music therapy, arts/crafts & therapy dogs, for children on the autism spectrum, parents, neighbors, friends, relatives, etc.
- The Strong Museum
- Buffalo Museum of Science