What is Developmental Monitoring?
- Early Intervention has a free developmental monitoring component for children who are not eligible for direct services. It is called the Ages and Stages Questionnaire and is a very reliable and valid developmental screening tool. It includes a series of parent completed questionnaires used to educate and empower parents on child development.
What will parents get?
- The parents will receive an Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) in the mail when their child is 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months and 30 months of age.
- The options for parents using the ASQ are to:
- Complete it by themselves so they know how their child is doing in his/her development for a particular age
- Complete it and discuss it with their child's health care provider
- Complete it and send it back to the Early Intervention Program for scoring and feedback. If there are any concerns identified in the ASQ, parents will be contacted and results discussed.
Questions?Contact:Erie County Department of Health95 Franklin StreetBuffalo, NY 14202(716) 858-6374