The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) has partnered with the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System to offer free information and resources for the public on various health related topics. Wellness Wednesdays are held at the Central Library and consist of tabling events where the public can stop by anytime during the event to ask questions and pick up materials.
Wellness Wednesdays at Central Library
Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: 1 Lafayette Square, 1st Floor Ring of Knowledge, Buffalo, NY 14203 (Driving Directions)
February 14, 2018: Love Your Heart (Event Flyer)
- Know your risk factors for heart issues and keep them in check.
March 14, 2018: Debunking the Myth on Colon Cancer Screening
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month and getting screened may be easier than you think. Learn more about how you can take action by knowing your risks and how to be screened. Presented by ECDOH Cancer Services.
May 9, 2018: Spotlight on Teen Pregnancy
- Find confidential, non-judgmental reproductive services. Stay healthy, stay in school. Call 858-2779 for more information. Presented by ECDOH Family Planning.
June 13, 2018: Summer Safety
- Don't let accidental injuries spoil your summer. Learn how you can take steps to avoid drowning, head injuries and other summertime hazards. Presented by ECDOH Environmental Health Division.
July 11, 2018: Enjoy Life Be Safe
- Don't mess up your life and put others at risk. Learn ways to limit your risk from sexually transmitted diseases. Presented by ECDOH STD Clinic.
August 8, 2018: Ready, Set, School!
- Dental health, immunizations and health insurance all make for healthy kids who are ready to learn. Stop by for info, give-aways and prizes. Presented by ECDOH Immunization Action Plan & Community Wellness.