The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) has partnered with the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System to offer free lectures and information for the public on various health related topics.
- Wellness Wednesdays are held at the Central Library and consist of tabling events where the public can stop by anytime during the event to ask questions and pick up materials.
- Wellness Weeknights are held at the Audubon Public Library and consist of formal lectures.
Wellness Wednesdays at Central Library
Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: 1 Lafayette Square, 1st Floor Ring of Knowledge, Buffalo, NY 14203 (Driving Directions)
December 13, 2017: Taming Holiday Stress (Event Flyer)
- Keep holiday season stress under control with fun and relaxing activities. Make your own mediation jar, color or enjoy a massage. Learn ways to relax and enjoy. Presented by ECDOH Community Wellness.
January 17, 2018: Healthy New Year!
- Good food is the foundation for good health. EatSmart NY and ECDOH Community Wellness are here to answer questions and share ideas for healthy eating.
March 14, 2018: Debunking the Myth on Colon Cancer Screening
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month and getting screened may be easier than you think. Learn more about how you can take action by knowing your risks and how to be screened. Presented by ECDOH Cancer Services.
May 9, 2018: Spotlight on Teen Pregnancy
- Find confidential, non-judgmental reproductive services. Stay healthy, stay in school. Call 858-2779 for more information. Presented by ECDOH Family Planning.
June 13, 2018: Summer Safety
- Don't let accidental injuries spoil your summer. Learn how you can take steps to avoid drowning, head injuries and other summertime hazards. Presented by ECDOH Environmental Health Division.
July 11, 2018: Enjoy Life Be Safe
- Don't mess up your life and put others at risk. Learn ways to limit your risk from sexually transmitted diseases. Presented by ECDOH STD Clinic.
August 8, 2018: Ready, Set, School!
- Dental health, immunizations and health insurance all make for healthy kids who are ready to learn. Stop by for info, give-aways and prizes. Presented by ECDOH Immunization Action Plan & Community Wellness.
Wellness Weeknights at Audubon Public Library
Location: Audubon Public Library, 350 John J Audubon Pkwy, Amherst, NY 14228 (Driving Directions)
Registration: Please register for each event through the Librarian or by calling 716.689.4922
Title: Bringing Back Family Meals
- Dealing with crazy kid schedules? Find it hard to eat together as a family? Come learn some ways to make meal planning fun and easy. We’ll tackle shopping on a budget, making the most out of food choices and some tips for healthy eating on the go. Presented by ECDOH.