Disease Control is in charge of:
- Monitoring the community for the presence of communicable diseases -
- Providing information on communicable diseases, including preventative measures to members of the medical community, to the public, and to persons exposed to communicable diseases
- Investigating outbreaks or unusual occurrences of disease, then instituting or recommending appropriate control measures
- Investigating Food-borne illnesses occurring in Erie County
- Coordinating follow-ups on animal bites, and providing information on the treatment and risk of rabies
- Compiling a community health assessment that provides information on births, deaths, etc., to persons requiring them for planning or evaluation
For more information call 716-858-7697.