What is the Erie County Cancer Services Program?
- A coalition of community partners committed to providing cancer education & screening to underserved women & men through a network of medical providers, social service agencies & other community organizations.
- Cancer Services Programs are funded by grants from the NYSDOH & are available in every county throughout NY State.
What Services are Available?
- Screenings & Associated Diagnostic Testing for Women
- Clinical breast exam (CBE)
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Screenings for & Associated Diagnostic Testing for Women and Men
- Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
Who is Eligible for the Erie County Cancer Services Program?
- Persons who are uninsured or underinsured (high deductible, screenings not covered) as follows:
- For colorectal cancer screening:
- Average risk and symptomatic men and women age 50+
- Persons under age 50** at increased or high risk may be eligible
- For breast and cervical cancer screening:
- 40-64+ years of age for a clinical breast exam, pelvic exam, and Pap test & any associated diagnostic testing.
- Women age 40+ are also eligible for a screening mammogram. (Women under age 40 who are at high risk of breast cancer may also be eligible**)
- Not currently under treatment for breast, cervical or colorectal cancer or pre-cancerous conditions.
**Please call the program at 716-858-7376 to discuss eligibility and for any other questions.
The Medicaid Cancer Treatment Program (MCTP)
- A Medicaid program for eligible persons who are in need of treatment for breast, cervical, colorectal or prostate cancer (and in some cases pre-cancerous conditions of these cancers).
- Once enrolled, full Medicaid coverage is provided for an initial period determined by the type of cancer.
- Recertification is required at predetermined intervals if the individual is still in need of treatment.
- Must receive services from a Medicaid enrolled provider in order to have their services covered.
- For more information about MCTP eligibility, please call 716-858-7376.
Contact Info:Erie County Cancer Services Program95 Franklin Street, Room 950Buffalo, NY 14202716-858-7376;www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=cancer-screening-amp-education
Previous Fast Facts can be found at http://www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=fast-facts-health-care-providers