- The ECDOH provides training to Erie County residents on how to recognize and respond to an opioid overdose. This training includes how to use the aerosol version of naloxone (Narcan) to reverse the overdose.
- There is NO COST to attend this training. Participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Naloxone is a benign drug. If it is administered when an individual is not experiencing an opioid overdose, no harm will come to the patient.
- Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to recognize the signs & symptoms of an opioid overdose, administer naloxone (Narcan) properly and take necessary follow-up steps.
Training Schedule & Registration (click on link to register) - Online Registration & pre-registration is highly recommended as space is limited.
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, North Buffalo Community Center, 203 Sanders Road, Buffalo, NY 14216
- Thursday, February 21, 2019; 5:30pm--7:30pm, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Central Library (downtown), 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Brighton Volunteer Fire Company 5, 50 Jamaica Rd (Station #1), Tonawanda, NY 14150
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019; 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Kenmore Police Citizen Academy, 135 Wilber Avenue, Kenmore Community Center (Mang Park), Buffalo, NY 14217
- Thursday, February 28, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM; Tonawanda Senior Services, 35 Main Street, Tonawanda, NY 14150
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM; The Genesis Center, 2161 Seneca Street, Buffalo, NY 14210
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM; Town of Concord Senior Services, 40 Commerce Drive, Springville, NY 14141
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, University at Buffalo South Campus, 150 Farber Hall Butler Auditorium, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Orchard Park Central Fire Station, 30 School St, Orchard Park, New York 14127
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019; 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Company, 8630 Main St, Williamsville, New York 14221
- Thursday, April 18, 2019; 5:30pm--7:30pm, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Central Library (downtown), 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Thursday, June 20, 2019; 5:30pm--7:30pm, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Central Library (downtown), 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
Medical Care Administrator
95 Franklin St., Room 911
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 858-7695
Fax: (716) 858-8701
- 24 hour Addiction Hotline 716-831-7007 - Get immediate help, education, information, referrals and assistance with linking to addiction treatment services (Hotline Flyers - Please post to help inform others)
- Good Samaritan Law - Protects an overdose victim, and those who summon help for the victim, from: arrest in the presence of misdemeanor drug possession and/or underage drinking prosecution for felony possession (unless there are aggravating circumstances, e.g. possession with intent to sell or outstanding warrants)
- Naloxone (Narcan) Access & Information
- Needle & Medication Disposal
- Opioid Epidemic Task Force (The Task Force is composed of seven committees, which meet regularly and report back to the entire Task Force quaterly)
- Publications, Presentations & Related Materials