- The ECDOH provides training to Erie County residents on how to recognize and respond to an opioid overdose. This training includes how to use the aerosol version of naloxone (Narcan) to reverse the overdose.
- There is NO COST to attend this training. Participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Naloxone is a benign drug. If it is administered when an individual is not experiencing an opioid overdose, no harm will come to the patient.
- Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to recognize the signs & symptoms of an opioid overdose, administer naloxone (Narcan) properly and take necessary follow-up steps.
Training Schedule & Registration (click on link to register) - Online Registration & pre-registration is highly recommended as space is limited.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Akron Fire Company, 1 Main Street, Akron, NY 14001
- Thursday, October 17, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Sparks of Hope Recovery Support Center, 107 Main Street, Hamburg, NY 14075
- Saturday, October 19, 2019; 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Community Health Center of Buffalo, Inc., 34 Benwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, 5:30 PM – 7:30, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Sunday, October 27, 2019; 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM, University United Methodist, 410 Minnesota Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Good Shepherd Community of Faith, 187 Southside Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14220
- Saturday, November 16, 2019; 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Buffalo Friends Meeting Quakers, 1272 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14209
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, The Genesis Center, 2163 Seneca Street, Buffalo, NY 14210
- Thursday, December 12, 2019; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Sparks of Hope Recovery Support Center, 107 Main Street, Hamburg, NY 14075
- Thursday, December 19, 2019, 5:30 PM – 7:30, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Thursday, February 13, 2020; 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Sparks of Hope Recovery Support Center, 107 Main Street, Hamburg, NY 14075
Medical Care Administrator
95 Franklin St., Room 911
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 858-7695
Fax: (716) 858-8701
- 24 hour Addiction Hotline 716-831-7007 - Get immediate help, education, information, referrals and assistance with linking to addiction treatment services (Hotline Flyers - Please post to help inform others)
- Good Samaritan Law - Protects an overdose victim, and those who summon help for the victim, from: arrest in the presence of misdemeanor drug possession and/or underage drinking prosecution for felony possession (unless there are aggravating circumstances, e.g. possession with intent to sell or outstanding warrants)
- Naloxone (Narcan) Access & Information
- Needle & Medication Disposal
- Opioid Epidemic Task Force (The Task Force is composed of seven committees, which meet regularly and report back to the entire Task Force quaterly)
- Publications, Presentations & Related Materials