October 29, 2013
CONTACT: Peter Anderson / Peter.Anderson@erie.gov
Phone: (716)858-8500 / Mobile: (716) 270-7842
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO GET YOUR FLU VACCINE: ERIE COUNTY TO HOLD INFLUENZA IMMUNIZATION CLINIC
Free Event at Main Place Mall October 30; Walk-Ins Welcome, Pre-Registration Recommended
ERIE COUNTY, NY— The Erie County Department of Health (“ECDOH”) will be sponsoring a free flu immunization clinic on Wednesday, October 30 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM on the Upper Level of the Main Place Mall in Buffalo. The Department will have the capacity to administer 1,200 vaccinations; currently, 504 people have registered to receive immunizations. Online pre-registration is recommended at www.health.state.ny.us/gotoclinic (see instructions below), but walk-ins are welcome. Participants should also review the Influenza Vaccine Information Statement at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.pdf . The flu clinic fulfills a requirement for ECDOH to test public health emergency preparedness plans to provide mass vaccinations to the public.
**ERIE COUNTY EXECUTIVE MARK POLONCARZ WILL RECEIVE HIS FLU VACCINATION AT 10:00 AM**
Pre-Registration Instructions for Erie County Department of Health Flu Immunization Clinic:
- Please review the Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet (also attached) at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.pdf
- Go to the pre-registration website at www.health.state.ny.us/gotoclinic
- Select “Erie”, click “Next”
- Select the “Erie County Flu POD at Main Place Mall” (Do not select CDMS Training), click “Next”
- Select “Register” for desired time slot, click “Next”
- Complete all required information (if you would like an e-mail confirmation of registration, you must enter a valid e-mail address)
- Print Registration Ticket
- Please remember to bring your ticket (or e-mail confirmation) and wear clothing with short sleeves to your scheduled appointment.
This event is sponsored by the Erie County Department of Health. If you have questions, Please contact the Erie County Department of Health Office of Public Health Emergency Preparedness at 716-858-7101. Thank you.
# # #