Did you attend the ECDOH STD Clinic? If yes, please complete out patient survey! Click here!
Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) STD Clinic608 William StreetBuffalo NY 14206(716) 858-7687
Hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm; Fridays from 10:00 am to 11:30 am and from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Walk-in only - No appointments are taken. Patients are seen on a first come, first serve basis. We have a limited number of openings each day for patients. Once these openings are filled, you will not be seen that day. We suggest you arrive early.
Picture ID, proof of insurance (no one is denied care based on ability to pay) and a list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking are needed when you come to the STD clinic.
All STD testing and treatment is confidential. No one is denied testing or treatment based on their ability to pay. Anyone 12 years of age and older can utilize the STD clinic.
Testing is provided for HIV, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, genital herpes, public lice, scabies and other STD's. Treatment for certain diagnoses is provided. The clinic also provides HIV counseling and testing, educational presentations to community groups, and educational material on sexually transmitted diseases.
STD Facts & Information
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections that are spread from person to person through sexual contact. This includes not only sexual intercourse, but oral sex, anal sex and the sharing of sex toys. These diseases can be passed through any contact between the genitals of one person and the genitals, anus, or mouth of another person.
- STDs are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. More than 15 million Americans are diagnosed with an STD every year.
- There are many different STDs, but the most common ones in the United States are herpes simplex virus (HSV-2) type II (genital herpes), chlamydia, and HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Clinical Care Resources (SAHM)
- HIV Counseling & Testing
- HIV Partner Service Program
- Non-occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (nPEP)
- Rapid Assessment, Response and Evaluation (RARE)
- STD Info (CDC)
- STD Info (NYSDOH)
- STD Treatment Guidelines & Report Forms (05/09/11)
- Enfermedades de Transmisión Sexual