Important Information Regarding Naloxone (Narcan)
- How Do I Get Naloxone at a Pharmacy
- Patient Handout: How to Use Naloxone
- Recall Notice: MAD300 Mucosal Atomization Device for Naloxone Kit (Potential Defect in Foam Atomizer for Naloxone Kits Spurs Recall of Devices; Medication Contained inside is still Viable & Effective)
Task Force Overview
The Opiate Epidemic Task Force was created by Executive Order #014. The Task Force is composed of seven (7) committees, which will meet regularly and report back to the group.
Task Force Committees
Committee reports can be found by clicking on each of the respective committee links below.
- Provider Education & Policy Reform, led by Dr. Paul Updike, Catholic Health and Erie County Commissioner of Health, Dr. Gale Burstein
- Community Education, led by Barbara Burns of the U.S. Attorney General’s Office, Western Region of NY
- Families and Consumer Support & Advocacy, led by Debra Smith, Parent Advocate
- REAP Program, led by Dan Rinaldo of NYNJ-HIDTA (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area)
- Treatment Providers, led by Erie County Commissioner of Mental Health, Michael Ranney
- Hospitals/ER ROI Project, led by Dr. Joshua Lynch of Kaleida Health & Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Emergency Department
- Naloxone Access, led by Cheryll Moore of the Erie County Department of Health
Task Force Quarterly Meetings
- 24/7 Addictions Treatment Hotline: 716.831.7007
- Report: A Prescription for Action Local Leadership in Ending the Opioid Crisis
- Free Community Trainings on Opioid Overdose & Use of Naloxone (Narcan)
- Medication Disposal Sites
- Needle Access & Disposal Sites
- Presentations & Additional Opioid Information
For More information about the Opiate Epidemic Task Force, please contact the Erie County Department of Health at email@example.com or call 716.858.7695.