How to Comply
To report a violation of the Neighbor Notification Law, please call: 716-961-6800
On January 1, 2008, Erie County Local Law No. 1 of 2007 went into effect. Under this local law, Erie County opted into a State law (The Neighbor Notification Law - Article 33 Title 10 of the Environmental Conservation Law) regarding the sale and use of certain lawn pesticides by:
- Commercial Lawn Care Companies;
- Retail Stores;
- Homeowners (Do-It-Yourself Residential Applicators); and
- Building Owners
The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning has outlined the new pesticide usage law as it applies to you. Please click on the links above for more information about the requirements of the law for the four regulated entities.
- Retailers can download a printable notice [pdf, 4 Kb] to print on brightly colored paper for conspicuous display near pesticides.
- Homeowners can download a printable lawn marker [pdf, 12 Kb] to print and use.
- You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the printable notices and the NYS pamphlets listed at right.
Internet Mapping System Instructions
- For additional information, please call 716-961-6800.