The Erie County Department of Health operates a Rodent Control Program for Erie County residents and property owners at 1, 2, 3 and 4 unit properties that are not part of an apartment complex or commercial property. The program provides inspection and extermination services for rodents only.
The inspection to determine the cause and extent of a rodent problem and the baiting service (extermination) is provided free of charge, however, the County will ask occupants and property owners to do their part in getting rid of rodents one yard at a time. The County will ask that rodent harborages and food sources on the property be eliminated.
An Erie County resident may request baiting service at a home that they own or occupy AND /OR make a complaint about rodent activity on a nearby property. If baiting service is requested, a permission form will need to be signed by the occupant or owner of the property.
- To make a request for baiting service, please call (716) 961-6800 during regular business hours (M-F 8:30 am - 4:30 pm). Erie County staff will take the request and mail out a permission form with a return envelope.
- To file a complaint about a nearby property, click here.
- Fight Rats One Yard at a Time
- Rats: Food and Shelter are What They Need From You
- Rodent Prevention "It's the Law"
- Cleaning Up After Rodents
- Housing-Based Injury Control and Prevention Program
- Healthy Neighborhoods Program (HNP)
- Rabies, Disease & Vector Control Program
- Free Rabies vaccination clinics for cats, dogs & ferrets
- There is a bat in my house. What should I do?
- I found a dead rat (or other animal) on my property. Can the Health Department come out and pick it up?
- There’s a skunk, raccoon or other animal on my property. Can the Erie County Department of Health come out and remove it?
Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH)
Rabies, Disease & Vector Control Program
503 Kensington Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
Map of Location
Area Served: Erie County, NY