Weekly Influenza (Flu) Activity in Erie County (PDF Version)
-Influenza is currently categorized as widespread in Erie County and New York State.
-Erie County Department of Health urges Erie County residents to contact their health care provider if they have difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, dizziness and/or weakness from possible dehydration.
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends initiation of antiviral treatment as early as possible (within 48 hours of symptom onset), for those at high risk for complications:
- young children, especially those under 2 years of age
- women who are pregnant, have recently given birth or are breastfeeding
- people 65 years and older
- people who are immunosuppressed
- people with chronic health conditions, such as asthma or other chronic lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
- people who live with or care for others who are at high risk of developing serious complications
-It is NOT too late to get the influenza vaccine!
For More Information: