HEAP Emergency Benefits now available
HEAP Emergency Benefits in Erie County are available to eligible residents. If you are eligible, the Emergency HEAP Benefit can help you heat your home if you are in a heat or heat-related emergency.
Emergency HEAP benefits and eligiblity are based on:
- Available resources
- The type of emergency
You may be eligible for an Emergency HEAP benefit if:
- Your electricity is necessary for your heating system or thermostat to work and is either shut off or scheduled to be shut off.
- Your electric or natural gas heat is off or scheduled to be shut off.
- You are out of fuel, or you have less than one-quarter tank of fuel oil, kerosene or propane, or have less than a ten (10)-day supply of wood, wood pellets, corn or other deliverable heat source.
- Your income is at or below current income guidelines as postd in the table below, or you receive Family Assistance, Safety Net Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Code A Supplemental Security Income.
- The heating and/or electric bill is in your name.
- Your household's available resources are:
- less than $2,000 if no member of the household is aged 60 or older; OR
- less than $3,000 if any member of your household is aged 60 or older.
For more information about Emergency Benefits as part of Erie County HEAP, including income eligibility, Click Here.