Erie County Legislator Joseph Lorigo reminds residents that the county is hosting a Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Erie Community College - South Campus. Please enter from Big Tree Road - Route 20A via Abbott Road.
Acceptable items include:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, pool and household chemicals/cleaners - limit 2 gallons
- Oil-based paints, spray cans - limit 10 gallons
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze - limit 10 gallons
- Paint thinner, stripper & solvents-limit 2 gallons
- Batteries - lead acid & rechargeable
- Mercury - thermometers, thermostats, metal
- Propane tanks & cylinders - full or empty
Items that will not be accepted include: tires, latex paint, fluorescent light bulbs, computers, appliances, and commercial and industrial waste.
Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
For additional information, please contact Legislator Lorigo at 858-8922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.