Thomas A. Loughran is a successful businessman, for 38 years; owner/operator of Loughran's Restaurant, 4543 Main Street, Snyder, NY 14226, 839-0283.
Tom established Loughran's Restaurant in 1979 at 2067 Kensington Avenue, Amherst. The business expanded in 1983 and by 1992 needed to expand once again. Not wanting to leave an empty storefront behind, Tom sold the business, which is currently in operation as The Snyder Bar and Grill.
Acting as his own contractor, Tom oversaw the purchase and renovation of the current location which is celebrating its 24th successful year at 4543 Main Street, employing 15 people.
Active Community Participation
Through the years, Tom has involved himself in various charitable, political and community organizations. Tom is still an active member in most today.
- Eleven years as Erie County Legislator from the 5th district, currently the Minority Leader.
- Former Amherst Councilman, liaison to Sidewalk Committee and Cable Television Committee
- Hosts the annual Loughran's fundraiser for St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Former Amherst Planning Board member
- Established the Buffalo Alumni Cup 5K run for Women's and Children's Hospital in memory of Kenny Kaiser
- Trained for and ran in the San Diego Marathon in support of Leukemia Lymphoma Research
- Attended Amherst Citizen Police Training Academy
- Formed committee to establish Friends of Snyder - a business and neighbors stakeholder group for neighborhood improvement
- Member of the Board of Directors of Clean Communities of WNY 2004 -2005
- A director with the Gaelic League charitable foundation for building of community relations with Ireland
Tom's contributions to the community have been noted by the St. Vincent DePaul Top Hat Award and recognition for fundraising from Women's and Children's' Hospital Lung Unit. Tom has also received recognition from Erie County for Loughran's 20th anniversary in business.
Life Long Amherst Resident
Tom attended Saint Aloysius Elementary and SS Peter and Paul Schools, going on to Williamsville High School and receiving his BA in Political Science from the University of Buffalo in 1976. Tom has two grown children and resides in Snyder.