Erie County Legislator Lynn M. Marinelli (D-Buffalo, Tonawanda) is announcing that a Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) session will be held from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at the Kenilworth Fire Hall, 54 Hawthorne Avenue, Tonawanda.
HEAP is federally funded and designed to assist eligible households with home heating costs and energy conservation. HEAP components included benefit assistance for energy bills, furnace repair or replacement, weatherization referral and energy conservation repairs, and cooling assistance (based on medical necessity; in the summer).
The HEAP monthly gross household income limits to qualify are: household of one, $2,138; two, $2,796; three, $3,453; four, $4,111; five, $4,769; six, $5,427; seven, $5,550; eight, $5,673; nine, $5,797; 10, $5,920.
Applicants should come to the sessions prepared with the following:
- One form of ID for all household members (birth certificate, license, Social Security card)
- Proof of income received within last 30 days for all household members (pay stubs, Social Security or pension award letters, proof of child support, rental income, unemployment benefits, worker's comp, etc.).
- Current shut off or disconnect notices, if applicable.
- Proof of all household resources including: current checking and savings account bank statements, proof of other resources (stocks, bonds, CDs, IRAs, 401k, etc.).
- If applicant is missing information, mail-in of the information needed to fulfill application requirements is permitted.
People are encouraged to call the HEAP Hotline at 858-7644 or visit http://www2.erie.gov/socialservices/ for program information and advice.