|CONSERVATION ADVISORY COUNCIL (Town Board Appointed 2 yr.)|
|Carl Klingenschmitt- Chairman||12/31/2017|
In the mid 1980's, the town formed a citizen representative board called the Conservation Advisory Council. The seven person board was charged with assisting the town in any matter that involves conservation and environmental issues.
The Board meets on an as needed basis. This board is generally very busy, as assistance on environmental and conservation issues is needed on a regular basis.
Current and Ongoing Projects
- GIS Grant
- Open Space and Farmland Preservation
- Management of Ononadga Escarpment Unique Botanical Area
- Spring Marsh Wetland on Koepsel Road
- Proposed Muir Woods Wetland Mitigation Project
- Murder Creek Slope Stabalization Project
- Oversee Town owned open spaces/bike path
- Municipal tree inventory/Emerald Ash Borer