Library Director - Kristine Sutton
June – Labor Day
Mon. 10:00 – 8:00pm
Labor Day – May
Mon. 1:00 – 8:00pm
The Newstead Public Library now offers:
- 12 public Access Computers with current Microsoft Office Applications, Internet Access, games for adults, educational games for children, a Resume maker program, the Mavis Beacon Typing Tutor and Zoom text for the visually impaired. In addition the library now offers free wireless Internet access. Wireless access is available to anyone with a library card or a valid e-mail address.
- Public Meeting room.
- Copy Machine: Regular 15 cents per page. Double sided copying available.
- Telesensory Reader
- Microfilm reader and a microfilm collection of local Akron newspapers, dating back to 1878.
- A Friends of the Newstead Library group who sponsor a used book sale in the Spring, Summer and Fall. In addition there is an ongoing book sale that features inexpensive current fiction in excellent condition.
- Bricks and pavers which are available for purchase on the library's Pathway of Knowledge. This is an excellent way to honor friends and family members while supporting the library.
- Public Fax machine - first page costs $1.50 to send, each additional page costs $1.00
- Computer scanner - no charge to scan, color copies cost .20 cents per page to print
Do you have a library card? Now is the time to get one. Not only can your borrow books, music, magazines and DVD's you can have free access to the Internet along with access to a vast selection of databases for research. With school and research papers right around the corner a library card will make research so much easier. You can download journal and newspaper articles at the library or from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a library card. Stop in for an application today and find out how to access the many databases at www.buffalolib.org